Saturday, July 15, 2017

What’s the Craziest Thing You’ve Ever Done in Second Life?






Being crazy isn't enough.

Dr. Seuss





A thought came to me the other day.

(This is normally where Significant Other starts to look worried.)

During my time in Second Life (SL), I’ve met many people who are there for many reasons and there to do many things.

Some of these things are a little crazy.  OK, a lot crazy in some cases.

(See where I’m going with this?)

This all got me thinking about what’s the craziest thing we’ve ever done inworld?


First, a definition, what is crazy?

(I’ll ignore Significant Other’s suggestion for the moment.)

Like art, I know crazy when I see it. 

As most people probably do whether in SL or in Real Life (RL).

The corollary of that being everyone pretty much has their own definition of crazy.

(Can you tell that I almost failed Logic at university?)

Let me share a few examples of what people inworld have told me they consider as doing crazy things inworld when I’ve asked.

Let’s start with the ordinary. 

This includes activities like hot air ballooning, paragliding, horseback (or dragonback riding), and role playing. 

Get the picture?

These are all things that we’d do in RL but for things like time, money, health, dragons don’t exist, and similar limitations.  We might not be able to do them in RL but we wouldn’t be embarrassed to talk about them with RL friends and family.  (Well, maybe we wouldn’t bring up the dragon.) 

Next up are the not so ordinary activities that we do when asked about the craziest thing we’ve done inworld. 

Not surprisingly, these are usually sexual in nature.

(What you’re surprised?  You should go back and read my earlier stories.)

They start usually with visiting nudist resorts inworld, move onto experiencing sex in any number of different ways, BDSM, gender reversal, and I’m sure I’ve missed a few long the way. 

This is where folks generally really explore both themselves and all that SL has to offer here. 

Generally, folks wouldn’t dream of doing these things in RL or even talk about them with others.  Although, I’ve met a few uninhibited souls who do. 

What about you?

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done in SL?

Would you tell us about it?

You can stay anonymous if you wish!

Drop me a line and I’ll share your stories with my three loyal readers.  (All of whom assure that they only live vicariously through my blog.)

Oh, what about me you say?

Probably running around nude inworld. 

Of course, I only do it for professional reasons to get the stories my three loyal readers enjoy.

OK, there are a few other things that Significant Other would rather I not divulge despite Significant Other’s enjoying while shoulder surfing.  (Significant Other glares.)

Maybe next time! 

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives.  

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

            If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
 please click here.

            Open roads and kind fires!



No comments: