Saturday, June 10, 2017

What Makes You Happy in Second Life?






Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.

Robert A. Heinlein







Recently, I’ve received a series of good news in Real Life (RL.)

Accordingly, I’m happy!

Not to worry, I’m normally pretty happy in RL but lately my smile’s been a bit broader.  (Significant Other is bouncing around merrily too, I’m happy to report, and is nodding enthusiastically as I write this.)

Then, this got me thinking.

(At which point, Significant Other exits the room claiming I’ll only spoil the mood.)

What about Second Life (SL)?


(Are you surprised, after all, this blog is pretty much only about SL!)

What’s being happy about inworld?

(I’m being an optimist here and assuming that we can be happy in SL.  Further, I’ll stick my neck out and say that being happy inworld can also make us happy in RL!)

What are the things that can make us happy inworld?

Friends are just as valuable inworld to our happiness as they are in RL.

Some go further and fall in love inworld.  Enough said about that!

Communities can make us happy in SL.  Friends and neighbors sharing a common purpose are a wonderful thing wherever they are.  And, let’s not forget the socializing!

Solitude is what does it for some and SL is a great place for that. 

For some, building and exploring are what makes them happy inworld. 

Have I missed anything?

I’m sure I have because the ways to be happy in SL are countless.

(Trust me on this, I’ve tried counting!)

What about me?

What makes me happy in SL?

Actually, it’s changed over the years.

Originally, just rezzing in, exploring new places, meeting new friends, and having new
experiences was enough for me inworld.

But, now, I think I’ve grown.  (I ignore Significant Other’s comment that it’s about time.)

The friends I’ve made over the years, I look forward to meeting and sharing with.

There are communities that I enjoy returning to and participating in their daily life.  (I won’t get into whether they enjoy me returning.)

However, the lure of the open road inworld still makes me happy.

Discovering and exploring an exciting new build makes my day!  Even if, sadly, these are fewer and farther between. 

But, what about you?

What makes you happy in SL?

Anything that I’ve listed here or do you have your own source of happiness?

Please share it and let us know!

There are many ways to be happy inworld and we all benefit when we learn about them.

SL can be an extension of our RL and we can be happy in both?

For after all, have you ever met anyone who comes inworld to be unhappy?

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives. 

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

            If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
 please click here.

            Open roads and kind fires!



1 comment:

Ariana Lafave said...

I cant read enough. You are fascinating and I grab each word you write. Your journey's are fabulous. I.hope someday I will be able to join in those jouneys.