Saturday, December 17, 2016

What’s a Good Time in Second Life?


Good times are a reminder and a reward for dealing with the difficult and challenging times we all go through. The trick is to celebrate the good times in advance of the difficult times. Always remember, good times await you after the difficult times pass….

 James A. Murphy





Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my life in Second Life (SL).

I’ve wondered about its purpose, about being lost inworld, and thought about the good inworld among other things. 

Some of these thoughts were a little heavy (Significant Other says, “A little?”) which got me thinking about how I enjoy myself inworld.  (Come to think of it, even L’il Sis said recently that I’ve been thinking some deep thoughts lately.  I think she was actually surprised.)

All this led to the premise of this story, “What’s a good time in SL?”


Of course, the answer varies depending on whom you ask.

(As you’ve probably guessed, I took philosophy for my electives at university.)

What constitutes a good time inworld is just as varied as our purposes.

Some enjoy social or recreational activities.  Others educational or crafts.  While others are here to make a profit.  (Haven’t met too many of them.)  Some seek competition.  And, of course, no list of good times in SL without romance and sex.  (My BDSM friends fall into this category.) The list is countless.

Probably just about the only good time activity that can’t do inworld but can in Real Life (RL) is drink.  (I’m sure someone is now going to correct me on this one.)

You’re probably asking yourselves now, what do I call a good time in SL?

(Yes, I do have them.)

For me, good times inworld are all about new places, new friends, and new experiences.

I’m a nomad inworld.  (Puts a whole new twist on the idea of a digital nomad, eh?)   

The thrill of the open road and what’s around the next bend is my idea of a good time
in SL.  (Significant Other hums Born to be Wild in the background.)

We all come inworld for different reasons. 

Yes, we all have different purposes inworld.  But, somewhere along the way, we having a good time.

What’s your idea of a good time?

(Sorry L’il Sis, torturing me doesn’t count!)

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives. 

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

            If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here.

            Open roads and kind fires!





No comments: