Thursday, February 12, 2015

Mardi Gras Returns to Second Life!


 Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Anonymous (But had to be from New Orleans!)

 
It’s that time of the year again!

Christmas and New Year’s Day are behind us.

Snow and darkness have descended.  (At least for some of us.)

But the festival season is about to begin again in Second Life (SL) just as it does in Real Life (RL).

We’re about to wander into Valentine’s Day.  (Not to worry, Significant Other is covered here.)

The Chinese Lunar New Year is about to occur. 

STEAM X is due soon inworld. 

More to come on all of these!

But the biggest and baddest of all these holidays in SL is Mardi Gras

My good friend, the Mayor of Mieville, and impresario extraordinaire, Perryn Peterson, will not disappoint!

Fresh from his opening in SL Las Vegas, he’s now about to launch his annual Mardi Gras extravaganza!  (In addition to all the above festivities, Perryn did note when we spoke of all these that the calendar did “squoosh” things together this year.  I love it when he talks tekkie!)

          I know it only seems like yesterday that we let the good times roll down Bourbon Street in the French Quarter inworld, but I’m happy to report that Mardi Gras is returning to SL!

          Mardi Gras will take place at Victorian Steampunk New Orleans in Mieville from Saturday, February 14th to Tuesday, February 17th.

          Events will include a parade, dance, and a pancake feast!  And much more!!.

          The gala Mardi Gras celebration dance will take place on Tuesday evening, 17th February.  There will be cash prizes for best costumes and titler; food, drink and general good times will be on hand Mardi Gras style!

          Over fifty merchants will be filling their carts will all sorts of wonderful wares which they bring from all over SL.  Walking down the nearby streets will bring visitors to the local shops with their merchandise. 

         
Gachas will be available!

          Remember the merchants will be in the Mardi Gras spirit of “lagniappe”, or, giving customers a little more because of the holiday.

          Mardi Gras in Mieville is a fun and happy time just as it is in RL.

          But, it won’t last long!

          So, hurry down and join the party!

          Tell ‘em web sent you! 

I’d like to thank Perryn for his time and hospitality, in helping me with this story.             

Additional pictures from my visit can be found on this link

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives.         

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

          If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
please click here.

          Open roads and kind fires!

 

No comments: